The New Zealand Screen Production Grant (NZSPG).
The New Zealand Screen Production Grant (NZSPG) - New Zealand 1 July 2017 is focused on industry development outcomes, underpinned by cultural criteria.
The purpose of the New Zealand Grant is twofold:
- To build the sustainability, scale and critical mass of the domestic film industry and support the development of New Zealand creatives.
- To provide cultural benefits to New Zealand by supporting the creation of New Zealand content and stories.
New Zealand productions may access a cash grant of 40% of QNZPE on up to $15 million QNZPE (New Zealand Grant). The New Zealand Grant is capped at $6 million per production unless the production qualifies for an Additional Grant.
New Zealand Productions are eligible for a cash grant of 40% of Qualifying New Zealand Production Expenditure (QNZPE). New Zealand Productions must have significant New Zealand content or be official co-productions.
QNZPE is generally production expenditure spent by the applicant on:
- services provided in New Zealand
- the use of land located in New Zealand
- goods purchased, hired or leased in New Zealand, provided they are sourced from within New Zealand
- goods sourced from overseas, provided those goods are not otherwise available in New Zealand, are located in New Zealand during the making of the production and are purchased, hired or leased from a New Zealand Resident who typically supplies that type of good.
QNZPE includes fees and expenses of non-New Zealanders who work on the production in New Zealand, provided (in the case of non-cast members) they work on the production for at least 14 days in total. Further details of inclusions and exclusions to QNZPE are set out in the NZSPG Criteria. There are differences between the inclusions and exclusions to QNZPE for International Productions and New Zealand Productions.
For further details and eligibility criteria for each of the grants see the relevant pages.
If you have any questions about Incentives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Incentives Executive on +64 4 382 7680.